The Buffalo Sabres are ready to unlock their fire sale and pretty much everybody is available.
That includes soon to be free agent forward Taylor Hall who signed a one year prove it deal with the Sabres to try and earn the big long term contract he's looking for this offseason.
Unfortunately it hasn't worked out for Hall in anyway as the Sabres are a disaster and so are Hall's numbers as he's registered just 2 goals in 32 games so far this season along with a -19 +/- ranking.
We heard earlier in the season that Hall might prefer to just sign long term with the Sabres however now it seems he's ready to move on too.
After the Sabres 16th consecutive loss last night Hall was asked if he was willing to waive his no movement clause before the deadline and his answer was pretty straight forward.
"Yeah, for sure."
So what exactly could the former Hart Trophy winner bring in return for the Sabres?
According to NHL insider Elliotte Friedman not very much.
While appearing on WGR550, Friedman said that it's unlikely anybody is willing to give up a first round pick for Hall.
A more realistic return would be a second round pick and a midlevel prospect at this point in time.
Would you give this up to take a shot on Hall?
"Yeah, for sure." - Taylor Hall, who has a no-move clause, on whether he'd be willing to listen to trade options if Sabres GM Kevyn Adams gets offers.
— John Vogl (@BuffaloVogl) March 26, 2021
Friedman says he doesn't see the Sabres getting a first round pick for Taylor Hall right now unless several teams suddenly decide they need him ???
— J (@Account4hockey) March 25, 2021